There are lots of different symptoms that can appear when you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis), some of them can happen really quickly within minutes and some can take a little longer. It is important to remember that the symptoms you experience may be different from previous reactions you’ve had and if any of the following symptoms of anaphylaxis occur, you must immediately use your Jext®.
Symptoms of anaphylaxis
Only a few of the following symptoms may be present, however some can be VERY SERIOUS.
- Itching of the skin
- Raised rash (like a nettle rash)
- Swelling of the lips, throat, tongue, hands and feet
- Wheezing, hoarseness, shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting and stomach cramps
- In some cases, loss of consciousness
If you experience symptoms of anaphylaxis you should:
- Shout for help
- Use a Jext® straight away, or ask someone to help you use Jext®
- Dial 999 in the UK, or 112 in Ireland, ask for an ambulance and say ‘anaphylaxis’ or ask someone else to make the call for you